NY area (3-days/wk) + flex remote (2-days/wk).
Competitive base ($150k-$180k range) + equity.
Company: Otonomi (https://otonomi.ai) is a venture-backed blockchain-enabled parametric platform that transforms cargo insurance policies into fast, cost-effective, and transparent digital products. Powered by our proprietary technologies in data-activated triggers, smart contracts, and integrated digital wallets, we reduce claim resolution times from 45 days to 45 minutes, lowering admin costs by 75%. Our algorithmic underwriting model and advanced risk scenario capabilities unleash new markets while achieving unparalleled profitability.
Role Summary: The Operations Manager for the Parametric Insurance Programs will support Otonomi’s underwriting, transactional and HR operations. The successful candidate will also help manage sourcing partnerships, and produce reporting materials for leadership’s uses. Our Parametric Cargo Insurance Program is a complex line of business written for insureds who are based in the U.S., and within global jurisdictions in the future. A working knowledge of the insurance programs process, country rules/regulations, payments processing and applications which support this business, are strongly preferred. Outstanding communication skills are necessary as this position interacts with the company’s leadership along with all other departments. There is also regular communications with brokers, reinsurers, carriers, banking partners, vendors and sometimes the direct clients.
- Sourcing partners relationship management: investors, insurance and banking partners.
- Project management for all tasks relative to the CEO’s pipeline.
- Interaction with leadership across the business unit, other support units, legal and regulatory.
- Production and maintenance of required operational and staff management documentations.
- Coaching and training of new and existing employees.
- Presenting productivity, critical KPIs and MI (Managing Insights) reporting to leadership on weekly, monthly, quarterly bases.
- Finding solutions to staffing issues and organizing of recruiting campaign.
- HR related issues and general administration using JustWorks and other HR tool.
- You will report to the company’s CEO.
- 5–10yr experience in operations management, middle-office roles, trading floor business management, or other COO Office roles a must.
- US experience a must and international experience a plus.
- Insurance, finance, fintech or insurtech experiences preferred.
- Marine, Cargo & Logistics experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills and negotiation ability.
- Must-have a pronounced interest for disruptive and innovative insurtech product.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Business / MBA or Financial Engineering.
Please apply by sending your resume to: